Game Preview: Pens-Yotes – NHL.com
* The Pens are in the midst of another long road trip, a 5-game, 12-day trek through the west coast: Anaheim (W, 7-4); Los Angeles (L, 5-2); San Jose (L, 5-2); Arizona; Vegas.
* Pittsburgh is 2-3 in the last 5 contests, but 10-3 in its past 13 overall. The Pens’ PK is 30 of 32 (93.8%) in that span.
* Forward Patirc Hornqvist (concussion) practiced with contact on Thursday with his team and could be a game-time decision tonight.
* Phil Kessel has a 10-game scoring straek against Arizona (6G-8A).
* Kris Letang is 1 goal from tying Paul Coffey’s franchise record for a defenseman (108).
* The Pens acquired forward Joseph Blandisi from Anaheim in exchange for Derek Grant. Blandisi, 24, will likely make his team debut tonight.
* The Coyotes have won 4 of their last 5 games, including an impressive 6-3 triumph against San Jose on Wednesday night.
* The Yotes have a dangerous penalty kill. They’ve surrendered a league-low 16 power-play goals this season, while scoring 12 shorthanded tallies (2nd most in the NHL).
* Defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson passed Keith Yandle for most points by a Coyotes blueliner and surpassed Teppo Numminen’s franchise record for goals (108) by a defenseman on Wednesday.
* Clayton Keller, the team’s lone All-Star, leads the Yotes in scoring with 32 points (9G-23A). He has 99 career points (32G-67A), and will become the fastest Coyotes player to reach 100. He sits currently at 131 games played.
PIT – Zach Aston-Reese (upper-body), Patric Hornqvist (concussion), Justin Schultz (left leg fracture).
ARI – Christian Dvorak (upper-body), Jason Demers (lower-body), Antti Raanta (lower-body), Michael Grabner (upper-body), Nick Schmaltz (lower-body), Brad Richardson (upper-body).